Below are some of Suzie's Priorities for this school year in addition to searching for and hiring a new Superintendent to help lead and guide SVUSD.
Focus on Students and Support Classroom Learning
- Focus on all students – high achieving, struggling, English learners, special needs and students in between.
- Provide safe, nurturing, 21st Century learning environments.
- Support High Academic Standards.
- Foster a Servant Leadership culture in SVUSD in which district personnel are more mindful of their role as public servants in support of students and classroom learning.
- Improve open lines of communication among all stakeholders – parents, teachers, administrators, classified staff, community members, and board members so that concerns can be heard and effectively addressed.
- Build and strengthen trust among all district personnel, parents and the community.
- Keep a watchful eye on budget priorities and address the projected 2018-19 school year deficit.
- Expand solar carports to more school sites and generate more ongoing savings on electricity.
- Examine operations and look for more efficiencies and savings.
- Institute regular collaboration opportunities for classified staff and administrators to improve district support operations in service of school sites and students.
- Encourage and provide more meaningful opportunities for teachers and district staff to collaborate on improving student instruction and implementing new strategies.
- Enhance and expand Career Technical Education opportunities for all students across grade levels.
- Support and enhance the arts across all grade levels and support athletics in high school.
- Strengthen and build more business and community partnerships.